Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The Search for People With Good Heart... And Kidney

SUNDAY, May 29, 2016 - Ermin Garcia, Cubao Quezon City.
9:00AM. A friend called thru my cell phone asking if we already found a kidney donor. He was a childhood friend and a bandmate in CFC Youth for Christ back in the 90's. We talked for hours and realized something, that finding a kidney donor is much harder rather than raising funds.

It seems like I don't hold any aces in my hand. First, I don't have any siblings to get a spare kidney. Second, all my relatives have health issues that make them unable to donate. My few options are friends, and non-relatives which include people who are not actually related to me literally. And that's what I think the big problem is. Not all people are comfortable with the thought that they will lose a piece of their internal organ :)

The Heroes are Rising


Two or three weeks ago, I received a phone call from my Godfather. He told me that someone saw my blog and was very eager to help. He sounded very excited knowing that it was already 10 in the evening. He gave me the person's number and told me to message the good Samaritan as soon as possible. And so I did. Until now, I am hoping that one day, that person would reply to my message, and still be interested in "sharing" his life to me.


Last week, I met Roy, a very close friend of ours. He is like a brother to me. In fact, he is a CFC Singles For Christ, a brother in Adoracion Nocturna Filipina (Adorador) and a co-lay minister in our parish. He is my fourth degree cousin as well.  He asked about my situation and was very worried about me. Without thinking, I asked him if he could donate his kidney. To my surprise, he said yes. It seemed like he was really planning to tell me that he was willing to donate. I told my parents the good news and they went to talk to his family right away. All went well and we will be having blood test this coming Saturday. I hope all goes well and falls into place as God intends it to be.

Me and Roy

I also received two good news yesterday. First, Nert, also a very good friend, told me that Albert's cousin is willing to donate but, still not clear. Albert has been a co-music ministry member and a good friend as well. Second, Mike, a childhood friend, also knows someone who might be able to help.

"My future heroes are rising" but as of now, the only certain donor is Roy. I hope and pray that our blood tests and matching will be safe and sound. I will update you all on what will happen on Saturday. Please pray that everything would go well. Thank you for reading!

Again, my blood type is "B" and anyone with the same blood type or type "O" can donate. You can also share the link below to help us gather more funds. You can also help us by clicking the donate button on the right side bar of this page or you could go to this link. 

https://gogetfunding.com/deos-kidney-transplant-fund-2/

Thank you so much and God bless us all.




No comments:

Post a Comment